RACE League Championships 2022 -- Information for Coaches, Parents, and Fans
We would like to share important information regarding the upcoming RACE League Championships on Saturday, July 9, with coaches, teams, parents, and volunteers. Please distribute this information to your parents and ask them to read it carefully. Some aspects of Champs are different this year, especially the COVID protocols, the timeline and the spectator seating policy on the viewing balcony.
Thank You in advance,
Marion Knoll, Tigersharks Head Coach
Nan Long, Entry Chair and Meet Coordinator
Max Obermiller, Sewanee Aquatics Director
Shannon Allen, Tigershark Board President
- Team Seating: All five Teams will sit on the swim deck in designated areas that will be taped and labeled. Chairs will be set up, but swimmers are also encouraged to bring towels to sit on.
- Coaches: Coaches should check in with Shannon Allen, Tigershark Board President, upon arrival at the Volunteer Check-In Table to pay your meet entrance fees. You will be given a folder with your heat sheets and coaches’ name tags once these are paid.
- Checks should be made out to the Sewanee Tigersharks.
- If you have not yet paid your $88.10 for RACE League Board Insurance, you must bring that check as well.
- Swimmers will not be allowed in the water until fees are paid and a signed waiver form is received.
- Volunteers: Per RACE League Board guidelines, ONLY coaches, swimmers, and parent volunteers WITH THE APPROPRIATE COLORED SESSION BRACELET will be allowed on deck. Parents must sign up here BY THURSDAY, July 7 by 5 pm.
- Parent volunteers are to check in at the Volunteer Check-In Table immediately upon arrival in the Fowler Center Lobby. You will be given your colored session bracelet(s) at check-in that will allow you to access the deck during the appropriate session(s)..
- Volunteers do not pay the admissions fee!
- Clerk of Course: Per RACE League Board decision, all swimmers are expected to report to the Clerk of Course at the Bullpen situated under a tent outside on the patio prior to their event. All 11 & Older swimmers who do not show up at the Clerk of Course and miss a race will be automatically scratched from the event missed.
- Meet Setup, Timeline and Warm-Up Times:
- The 2022 East Championship will be run using 6 lanes (Lanes 2 - 7) of the Fowler Center Pool, ensuring adequate rest between events for swimmers and adequate stroke and turn coverage.
- Individual events will be scored 1st - 12th place, and relays will be scored 1st - 5th place.
- Morning Session Starts at 9:15 am
10 & Under Session Warm Up Assignments*
*Pool closes for warm-ups at 9:00 am, and meet starts at 9:15 am
|Warm Up 1
8:00 - 8:20 am
|Warm Up 2
8:20 - 8:40 am
|Warm Up 1
Warm Up 2
|McMinnville Swim Team
|5 - 9
|2 - 4
|Warm Up 3
|2 - 4
- Admission Fee: $5 per spectator for the day, with children 6 years old and under being free. Volunteers do not pay the admission fee!
- Heat Sheets: Paper copies of Heat Sheets will not be available for purchase, but will be available electronically beforehand and will be available for download via posted QR code during the event.
- Parking: Parking is available across the street from the Fowler Center and along University Avenue. There is also a large parking area on Hall Street by the hospital and another at McGee Stadium. DO NOT PARK ON THE SIDE OF FOWLER NEXT TO THE POOL OR IN THE SERVICE VEHICLE SPACES IN FRONT OF FOWLER. The service vehicle spaces are ONLY for swimmer and supply drop off and a driver must stay with the car at all times. Police will be enforcing this policy and tickets will be given.
- No parking on the gravel drive behind the pool. This is the access for Emergency vehicles and cannot be blocked. CARS WILL BE TOWED.
- Spectator Seating: There will be spectator seating on the patio and grassy areas outside of the Fowler Center. Neither the gym nor any other areas of Fowler other than the restrooms are available and are closed to spectators and swimmers. Swimmers and family must stay off all Fowler Center equipment. Per RACE League Coaches and Team Representatives decision, no bags, backpacks, stadium chairs, folding chairs, etc… are allowed on the pool balcony. Parents and fans are not allowed to “camp out” on the viewing balcony. Instead, please set up outside, then rotate in and out to allow all parents to see their swimmers compete in the meet. Our goal is for everyone to be able to see their children swim their events, please help us reach that goal!
- UPDATED COVID Protocols: Per University of the South Vice-Chancellor and President Mandate, masks covering the nose and mouth are required in the Fowler Center at all times. Coaches, Volunteers, and Spectators MUST wear masks at all times. Swimmers MUST wear masks except when behind the start end of the pool or in the water. Thank you in advance for cooperating with this mandate.
- Disabled Persons Accessibility: There is parking available in the Fowler Center parking lot. At the viewing window above the pool, the front row of the bleachers are designated and marked as disabled seating. We ask that this bench be kept clear to allow people to rotate in and out to view their swimmers.
- Concessions: Concessions will be available, including pizza at lunchtime. Cash, credit card, and checks made out to the “Sewanee Tigersharks” will be accepted at the Concessions stand for food and drinks.
- Champs Tshirts: Preordered 2022 Champs tshirts for each Team can be picked up at Concessions by a Team Representative.
- Final Reminders: Swimmers and fans are expected to clean up their area after the meet. Each team is responsible for the behavior and safety of their team. Good sportsmanship is expected of all swimmers and fans for the duration of the meet.