Volunteer Meet Sign-Up How To
Swim meets depend on responsible and enthusiastic volunteers, and TigerSharks families and coaches are known for running particularly efficient and fun meets. Volunteer job sign-up will take place online and should take just a few minutes of your time. Here we’ll explain how it works.
How Many Volunteer Shifts?
Each family is asked to fulfill at least 2 volunteer job shifts each season, but encouraged to do more. Meets offer a variety of ways in which the entire family can be involved, and it is often more fun for the swimmers to have their family helping out in these other ways.
How to Sign Up for Volunteer Jobs
- In most cases, you set up a SwimTopia account for your family as part of the process of registering your swimmer(s) online.
- If you have not yet set up your SwimTopia account, or do not remember your login credentials, the process is the same:
- Click "Forgot your password?"
- Enter the e-mail address you used to register your swimmer and click "Reset My Password." Instructions on how to reset your password will be e-mailed to you.
- Return to the login page, and sign in.
- View the meets on the Meets & Other Events page. Navigate to the Meets & Other Events page, where you will see the annual schedule of the current seasons' TigerSharks meets. Each meet will have two green buttons next to it: one for Meet Entry and one for Job Signup. Click the "Job Signup" button.
- Make Job and Shift Selections. You'll see a list of all jobs for the meet, along with estimated times and number of positions needed and filled. Click to select the job and shift you would like to work. If you allow your cursor to hover over the "i" next to a job position, a pop-up window will appear giving a short description of the position. (For your reference, a downloadable document of job descriptions can also be found in the Parent Resources section of our website.) To see who has already signed up for a job, hover your mouse over the numbers in the Filled column for that position. You can select multiple jobs in a given meet as long as their times do not conflict. When you are finished, click "Save Assignments."
- View Your Selected Jobs and Shifts. You will be shown a confirmation of the jobs and shifts you have selected for the meet. You can click the "Sign up for Jobs" button to make changes to your choices.
Questions? You can direct these to